Here’s some really good news! “Almost all meeting conflict can be prevented by good preparation, clarity about roles, responsibilities, ground rules, expected outcomes, and decision-making methods.” — Facilitator’s Fieldbook
Everyone hates wasting time in meetings. Whether you are facilitating the meeting, attending as a participant, or making arrangements for a client, ensure you are clear about, and agree to, the OARRS. Doing so will go a long way toward creating Great Meetings!
- Outcomes: Why are we meeting?
- Agenda: What topics will we address, when, & how?
- Roles: What will be expected of me?
- Rules: How will we work together?
- Scope: What are empowered to do?